Monday, June 28, 2010

Silugnan, San Lazaro, Song and Dance


This picture is pretty much the same place where the picture heading my earlier blog was taken. It goes to show how fast and green things will turn in the Philippines when the rain starts to fall. The soil is very fertile and allows grasses to spring up virtually overnight.


Here we have another before and after at silugnan












I went back to silugnan on Thursday. It was great. I started clearing an area of grass and weeds and am proud to say that Noli, the provincial farmer said of me, "you are a real farmer". Bab, who manages the property, seconded the motion to someone else, who passed on his compliments. It went straight to my heart.
But I'll say it so certain friends back home don't have to...
"Farm Boy."






I took some pictures when i was at the ECCC on Saturday.
This is an old part of San Lazaros Hospital, which is something of a sanctuary/garden adjoining the chapel. The peace you feel when you walk in is incredible. Suddenly the sounds from the streets and aura of a hospital dissolves into the chirping of birds and stone walls that echo stillness.



I leave for Uganda in three days. I recently watched the documentary "war dance" which is very good. If you want to taste some Uganda, I recommend that film.

No comments: