Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm here!

I arrived in the YWAM Base outside Jinja, Uganda last night and already I've been more caught up on the progress of the World cup than I have since It started.
Today we have come into Jija. It is an endearing town that reminds me of Kamloops if you'd believe it. So far Uganda very much agrees with me. The people seem warm, friendly and at ease. The weather is cooler with a breeze and drier than what I've become used to over the past months, again, resembling an inland BC climate (in the not-snowy season). There is African music floating in the door from outside, which is so beautful a thing. I'm not sure if I can say much more on my experience until I learn to look right-left crossing the road instead of left-right. Although I will say that Uganda, thus far, has me captured.

No comments: