Monday, August 2, 2010

Its time to talk about...

Going home.
I'm trying not to count the days, but I do sometimes anyways. I can tell you from my cognitive slippages that the date I leave Uganda is soon. I mentioned in a blog long ago that my brother was engaged. Apparently engagements lead to weddings, and it is just one such that has helped me set dates for my departure (Not in a twisting-of-the-arm sort of way, I should say. I'll be very glad to be back to my Home-and-Native.) I hope only to leave well, and sometimes that means to look at the road in front of me instead of the house beyond the hill.
Regardless, for an accurate upkeeping of life and times in my blog, I think its right to presently update it with the details of this upcoming event (my leaving, not the wedding. I'll leave that to someone else.)
I fly out from Uganda in about 12 days. I land in warm and wet Manila (5 hours ahead) a day later, where I stay for about a day and a half; picking up details, doing laundry, and saying hellos and farewells. Then I fly back to vancouver (back 15 hours) where I will land and by-and-by get myself over to the island (where I will arrive with no travel fatigue, culture shock, acclimatizating, or jet lag.) in not much, but enough time to make the grand wedding that it will be.

There you have it. I want to go on a bit about the theme of change and the fact that they put a stop light in down the road from me while I was gone. But one of the guys who runs this internet cafe has just let me use the laptop that he uses normally because the normal computers are full. Now he's hanging around and looking like he wants it back. I relent.

Until next time, or until I'm home. (But don't stop checking this blog!),

A Canadiano named Michael

1 comment:

victoriiq said...

i can't wait to get you safely "home". I am so happy with your international adventure and so look forward to hearing more. God bless you.