Monday, August 16, 2010

non-blog

So here I am in Manila again, thinking that I probably have lots of things that i could blog about but not feeling like doing so. Instead I'll see what flows...
I am rounding the final turn for sure now- and i can practically see home. The plane trips that brought me from Entebbe to Dubai and Dubai to Manila were just a blur. I don't even know how the time went by without me really sleeping or watching that many movies. However, I did watch this really sweet documentary about guys that do super intense rock climbing, and then the guys that- incomplete with the gear- insist on free climbing. Then there are a few other guys who have also discovered base jumping and realized that when falling doesn't necessarily equal death, that they could free climb even higher and on even more perilous climbs. Fantastically radcore.
But did you need to hear that? I don't know. I'm wondering if this is the last blog I'm going to write before arriving home. Too bad I didn't apply that "finishing well" philosophy to literacy. I'm ok with slipping right now. My english is real good.
What have I learned? What do I do when I get back? These are questions I've skirted thus far. I might keep blogging, since many people have been courteous enough to say aloud that they enjoy my writing.
If constancy and familiarity still have a voice, I will probably meet them over coffee in Sidney, at one of those places that open onto beacon. The Thursday market will inevitably roll by and I'll inevitably see a few friends I never expected and miss a few i did.
Engrossed in my cultural fellows I will buy any number's 12OZ to share the last months together. Ah the loveliness of a small town! Perhaps conversation will spill past the weather. Perhaps while sitting and talking and walking these next days these will let unwritten blogs spill through my sleeve off of the ridges of my soul.
Maybe it will just be good to be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let
you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved
soon. Cheers

Feel free to visit my web blog :: great tasting coffee